The Invisible Children movement is a core part of our mission. It is a global community of young people that galvanizes international support to bring a permanent end to LRA violence through mass awareness campaigns and strategic advocacy efforts. By focusing on a single objective, we’ve rallied millions of people behind the idea that human life is equal and that where you live shouldn’t determine whether you live.
For more information
- To see real time reports on LRA activity in the D.R.Congo, Central African Republic and South Sudan visit: http://www.iracrisistracker.com/
- To learn more about Invisible Children's recovery efforts in the post-conflict regions of northern Uganda AND our work with communities currently affected in D.R.Congo, Central African Republic and South Sudan visit: http://www.invisiblechildren.com/programs.html
- To view our response to common critiques to the KONY 2012 film and campaign visit: http://www.invisiblechildren.com/critiques.html
- To see our worldwide youth mobilization initiatives: http://www.invisiblechildren.com/movement.html
- Learn More: http://www.kony2012.com
- Donate to Invisible Children: http://www.stayclassy.org/checkout/set-donation?eid=14711
Invisible Children first began its work in Uganda in 2005. Based in Gulu, Invisible Children Uganda (ICU) began by working alongside local visionaries, such as Ms. Jolly Okot, who identified the areas of greatest need in northern Uganda at the time. Relying on this local leadership and expertise, Invisible Children Uganda worked to develop programs on the ground.